Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Southern House of Dreams

Funny the way home listings begin a dream process long before you ever come to
know a home in person.



Odd the way they please and let you down when you do finally put two feet inside the front door.

I am full of hope this one will not be one of those heartbreaking letdowns, but mindful that I can be hard to please. We are traveling back to Charleston this weekend to see this grand old girl. Keep your fingers crossed.

As a reminder, you can see homes like this and experience other wonderful southern things in Garden & Gun magazine (not having anything to do with guns at all) which is the giveaway this month. Enter here.

3 comments:

An Aesthete's Lament said...

If you get this place, I see loads of camellias in your future, both real and printed on chintz. And this is a very good thing.

The Blushing Hostess said...

I agree. Though I look at that yard and want to pass out. Not to mention my fear of its seven bathrooms. I mean, I might never be heard from again...

I have high hopes and much anxiety.

Shelly said...

I agree with A.L., the garden designer in me is positively giddy with all of the options.
Love the lines of the old gal.