Friday, May 8, 2009

Spring Showers

This is the season for all manner of showers, including the deluge that struck Twinkle Toes and I at the garden center today. I thought I would pass along two favorite ideas for those of you throwing showers.

I love this first idea: Sterling baby cups for small arrangements. But any would do if not sterling. Tiny french bouquets would be stunners here in several shades of blue or pink if one really wanted to get gender specific. And if not, yellows, greens, and a little white.



This cake is fabulous. In the style of a large petit four it would be great fun and a departure from all the frowning bore cakes that make the rounds at these things.


photos: marthastewart.com

3 comments:

~Tessa~Scoffs said...

My family keeps the sterling silver baby cup tradition. The Godparents usually present it to the baby's parents at the Baptism. We also have a family Christening gown dating back to 1866. Over 160 babies have been Baptised wearing it.

The Blushing Hostess said...

How lovely, Tessa, and good to hear from you!

The Countess of Nassau County said...

I too was the proud recipient of the family Christening gown. It had been so woefully neglected that I needed to consult faculty from NYC Fashion Institute of Technology for figure out how to best care for it. But the effort was worth to see my son and daughter be the fourth generation to wear it.