Thursday, November 4, 2010

I Tweet. Therefore, I read.


No joke.

The other day I was an unwilling victim to a man who insisted on explaining that "real men don't Tweet."



In that case - and following that unimpeachable logic down its weedy and dark path - it might be of some use to point out, especially to those giving gifts to the kings and queens of the social media game this year, that indeed, not only do real men Tweet, they also read. And promote literacy.

The Chardonnay and Pinot Noir made by Crushpad for Biz and Ev, founders of Twitter, Inc. under the Fledgling label made their way into my home this week as Blushing gifts. 100% of the cases sold will promote literacy. 100%.

These Hostess gifts are among the greatest I have known: In a class with the highway I was gifted, and the bottles of Absolute Boston for the Charles River Conservancy Charity.

I don't know what's in the bottles and I don't care. 1. I would serve it shamelessly to a table of hideous wine snobs and glare at them with daggers in my eyes if they chose to remark on its quality (although, knowing what I do, I can assume it is delicious). 2. I don't care if Biz mixed Concord grape juice and vanilla extract together and called it a Pinot - because it is the right thing to do.

It's on my bottle list now so don't come by if you're a real man who doesn't Tweet.



To you, Biz and Ev; real men who Tweet. Well done.

Order it here, by the palate.

No comments: