Saturday, August 14, 2010

Cake. Reconsidered.


I cannot tell you how few cakes jump off the page for me anymore. But this one has the simple, minimalist touch I prefer along with the depth color every pastry chef should be pushed to produce; spare me the baby pinks and blues of the supermarket bakery. I cannot stop looking at the detail in that flower. This cake was produced - not surprisingly - by Sweet Melissa Patisserie in Brooklyn, NY - a veritable outlet of new and fresh cake designs.

Add an additional peony on each level at varying locations and this is my little girls next birthday cake with hot pink candles flickering from atop and behind the peony.

3 comments:

Meghan said...

This cake is stunning.

Jessica Ryan said...

I absolutely agree with you. And this one really is stunning!

Teresa Hatfield ~ Splendid Sass said...

I love simple. The colors are beautiful here. Thanks for sharing.
Teresa (Splendid Sass)