Wednesday, September 9, 2009

The Loaded Trunk

Can you get to Bali before the holidays to gather gifts? If not, I have a proxy who is willing stalk the Java outliers and Turkish artisans: The Loaded Trunk. Shoppers are richly rewarded with both the gifts and keepsakes of a traveler, a person of taste and experience, and the accessorized touches of a worldly and cultured individual.

When you cannot be here,



or here,



you can still give and receive vicariously from the soaring heights of travel adventures of The Loaded Trunk's founder, Roni Jaco. You might add to your dining table a wealth of eclectic and authentic dining accoutrement from the world over in literally every price range.



My coveted piece is this vintage silk kimono table runner. It would have been beautiful in a room like the dining installation by Doc Domus below which I covered for you earlier this year.





And the horn, wood and sterling serving items...





could easily be imagined in dining rooms of serene calm filled with earthy touches and botanical ques, not unlike Eric Warner's magnificent room below.


Or take these items in hand as inspiration and lay another fabulous table runner down, like this fantastic Mantel Bandera.



Then set the table with a wealth of sophisticated Turkish tinned copper serving pieces to add variety and visual interest to the tabletop including pitchers,



and a soup tureen which would also make a long-talked about fabulously conversational centerpiece when filled with vibrant poppies.



Think of perfecting all those tiny details with these twinkling octopus napkin rings.



Then. After dinner, if only I were here.



Or here.



You know, a place with an alluring, exciting bed and bath, possibly my two most favorite places in the world when done with a smart, sexy feel.



In the meantime, I will lay a fabulous Mexican spread



or a richly hued and textured hmong blanket right here at home.



And on the nightstand will rest this gorgeous creature: A chedi bowl, for holding earrings and other tiny treasures just before I drop into an enchanted slumber awash in the timeless and worldly scents of saffron, cassia, sultana, honey, and lime. Just like being there.


For more beautiful tables, visit Between Naps on the Porch.

And do not forget to become a Blushing Follower and leave me a comment here to be entered in the Barefoot Contessa Back to Basic's Giveaway!

23 comments:

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

Ooooh. I likey. I likey.

Julia @ Hooked on Houses said...

Love the chedi bowl! How divine.

Elle said...

What a great resource! Thanks for sharing!

nannykim said...

Oh ...the rooms are all so beautiful!! Inspiring...but they don't fit in with my cottage --Perhaps they could....I love the peacefulness of those more modern rooms...but all my stuff is not stylish old cheapy stuff!! Ah well--it is surely nice to look. I do have an old teapot from Morrocco and a rug from turkey that I do love because of the feel they give to one of my rooms.

my house blog is spindlecottage.blogspot.com

deliciously organized said...

Ohhh I love those napkin rings!-carlee

SouthernGal said...

I feel like I've been on an exotic trip!

Christi @ A Southern Life
http://asouthernlife.com

xinex said...

I am inspired by every picture you showed...Christine

Julie said...

I love it all can I come wit you?
xoxo
Julie

Unknown said...

Thanks for the beautiful inspiration. Love it all.

From the Old InkWell said...

What gorgeous settings!

Allison said...

I have a friend who is crazy about all things Turkish. Will share your link with him. Great job!

Rettabug said...

How serene everything looks! Wonderfully creative ideas & a great resource to know about. Thanks!

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Thanks for such pretty inspiration!

The Tablescaper said...

Such beautiful stuff - lots of inspiration!

Sarah said...

Beautiful, lovely post full of inspiration. Thanks for sharing! ~ Sarah

Dining Delight said...

Fabulous inspiration pics! Feel like I was just on a vacation, looking at them! Love those octopus napkin rings!

DD

susan said...

Oooh-- a turkish soup tureen--I love it! Love those octopus napkin rings too!

black eyed susans kitchen said...

It is all so very exotic! I especially loved that round table with the Asian theme.

bj said...

I loved all the inspirational photos..thanks!!

honeysuckle said...

I love the sup tureen, the Mexican runner but can't quite take the octopus napkin rings. I'd love to dine at one of those tables then take a long nap on one of those beds. So fun shopping with you!

Mari @ Once Upon a Plate said...

Stunningly beautiful! I love the moods these images evoke ~ nice job!

a quiet life said...

very nice!

Pamie G. said...

Just beautiful!!!