Sunday, September 20, 2009

Better to give and receive: The Gentleman Host

Ah, what to give the host? I tried to think outside the bottle here (not that there is anything wrong with being inside, or, ah-hem, at the bottom of the bottle. We do not judge here.). Tell me how I did, don't worry, I can take it.


Cedarwood Marine, Mistral, makes me wonder why some things are not mandatory. They will put three in a fabulous little bundle for you, easy peasy, no?


The Minimalist Cooks Dinner, Mark Bittman (Crown), for a new cook.

For everyone else:
How to Cook Everything, Mark Bittman, (Crown). Comprehensive. And then some.


For the host with everything who like an adventure in his glass: The Glace Luxury Ice Cube. Costs $8 a piece and comes in the mail. Would I kid you?


Shearling lined scuff, LL Bean.


Correspondence valet, for the host with everything. Smythson.

Suggestions?

4 comments:

LPC said...

I'm on board with everything but the slippers. Slippers seem so intimate. So if someone is distant enough to be a host, rather than family in one way or another, I'd be shy to give them something for feet. I tend to rely, when faced with the inevitable giving a present to a man thing, on non-fiction books. Why men don't like stories is something someone more learned than I will have to tell us.

The Sluice Box said...

What a refreshing idea. I've gotten so dug in on the idea of bringing a bottle of wine as a gift for the host. I might just stock up on something a bit - as you say - outside the bottle. The soap suggestion is a particularly good one.

Aaron

Beth Dunn said...

Those are beautiful gift ideas xoxo

The Blushing Hostess said...

LPC - Depends what sort of visit he is hosting regarding the slippers...

Sluice - Indeed, I hope I have helped...

Beth - very kind, very kind